Covid 19 Policy
This policy is in addition to my current Terms & Conditions and Privacy Notice and will operate as long as is required under government guidelines.
Adhering to guidelines
Throughout the pandemic, I will be following guidelines issued by the government, NHS, other relevant authorities and my professional association, the Federation of Holistic Therapists, regarding safe and hygienic practice and the use of any personal protective equipment (PPE).
Covid-19 Risk Assessment
I have carried out a full risk assessment, in line with guidance from the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), in order to:
- Identify what work activity or situations might cause transmission of the virus;
- Think about who could be at risk;
- Decide how likely it is that someone could be exposed;
- Act to remove the activity or situation, or if this isn’t possible, control the risk.
Prior to seeing any of my clients, I will be:
- Monitoring my own health and deferring treatments if I have COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19.
- Contacting my clients 24 hours in advance and deferring any treatments if: they have COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19; are clinically extremely vulnerable and shielding; anyone in their household has COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19; they have been in close contact with someone who has symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days; they have been contacted by the NHS Test and Trace Service and told to self isolate.
- Asking my clients to call and cancel and defer treatment on the morning of their appointment if they have a temperature or other symptoms of COVID-19.
Enhanced cleaning and hygiene measures
Whilst I, of course, already had high hygiene standards prior to the emergence of Covid 19, I have introduced enhanced cleaning and hygiene measures between clients, washing and disinfecting any non-porous surfaces and therapy equipment, such as chairs and couches. Strict personal hygiene measures will also be adhered to, including additional regular handwashing and/or sanitising.
Adapting or restricting treatments
It may be necessary for me to adapt or restrict certain treatments, in order to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19 and/or protect my clients’ health and safety. Any clients likely to be impacted will be advised as soon as possible.
Under current guidance it is advised that face-to-face appointments last no longer than an hour in total (including arrival and departure time) as such actual treatment times will be shortened a little in order to ensure this.
Edit 3/8/20: Please note that it is now mandatory for both therapist and client to wear a face mask during treatment, unless the client is otherwise exempt from doing so (or in the case of lying prone - ie on your front - where wearing a mask might affect safe breathing - in this case you will be required to replace your mask when no longer lying prone).
Maintaining social distancing
Please note that while many treatments involve close contact, I will be observing social distancing measures wherever possible, including when you arrive and leave your appointment. This includes conducting a remote consultation the day before your appointment by telephone or video (Zoom, What's App, etc).
Please do not arrive for your appointment more than 10 minutes in advance as we can only accomodate one person in the waiting room at any given time. Please note that if you arrive early and there is already someone present in the waiting room you may be asked to wait outside until that person has moved and the space been suitably sanitised.
If a treatment is cancelled or deferred at short notice because my client has COVID-19 or has symptoms of COVID-19, any standard cancellation fees will be waivered. The client will be asked to kindly confirm in writing that their appointment has been cancelled or deferred because they have COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19.
For more information
I am happy to be contacted to discuss any aspect of your treatment during this time. Please contact me via email orusing the contact details in the footer.