Doncaster Wellbeing was launched in 2016 when Nikki Wall started working as a Wellbeing Advisor with Weleda UK. Over the following years she trained as a massage therapist, reflexologist and aromatherapist, building upon these skills with further professional development (CPD).
She has offered both private and corporate appointments and events, including providing services for Rotherham, Doncaster and South Humberside (RDaSH) NHS Trust and the Foster Care Association; provided therapies for the homeless and volunteered as a Butterfly with Doncaster Royal Infirmary's End of Life Team.
Her passion for supporting the community around her has meant a move towards registering Doncaster Wellbeing as a Community Interest Company in order to apply for funding to offer free at-point-of-access therapies for vulnerable groups in the Doncaster area, whilst also providing a living income for additional therapists (whose business has been hard hit by the Covid lockdowns) in the local area.
Continuing private and corporate work will also pay a percentage into the fund for supporting vulnerable groups - thus facilitating clients to also support people in their local community whilst using Doncaster Wellbeing's services.
Training & Memberships
- Member of Federation of Holistic Therapists (MFHT) (Accredited Reg)
- VTCT Level 4 Complementary Therapies (ADipCT VTCT) - Advanced Reflexology (incl. pregnancy & postpartum; palliative care; facial reflexology); Advanced Massage techniques (remedial massage - soft tissue release, trigger point therapy and muscle energy techniques etc; pregnancy massage); Advanced Aromatherapy
- VTCT Level 3 Complementary Therapies (HDipCT VTCT) - Swedish Massage, Reflexology (Feet & Hands) and Aromatherapy
- Maternity Reflexology (Suzanne Enzer Maternity Consortium): Pre-Conception; Pregnancy (including First Trimester), Postnatal; Infant Reflexology; Endocrine (hormone) balancing; Reflexology Lymphatic Technique
- Facial Reflexology: Bergman method
- Pregnancy Massage: Mama Baby Bliss - covering pregnancy, labour and postnatal massage
- Indian Head Massage
- Closing the Bones
- Weleda Signature Massage: plus various in-house training with Weleda (eg over the counter natural medicines)
- MASCED Accredited (Melanoma and Skin Cancer Early Detection)
- SAC Dip (Foot Health Practitioner - Advanced)
- VTCT Level 2 Beauty Therapy (DipBT VTCT)
- Reiki Usui Level 1 & 2
Currently completing case studies:
- Pregnancy & Aromatherapy: Penny Price Academy - covering Pregnancy, Labour and Postnatal care