Appointments are available:
- Wednesday 9.30 – 5.00pm
- Thursdays 9.30 – 7pm
- Saturdays 9.30 – 5pm
At the Sarah Vernon Salon in Branton, Doncaster.
Please contact me to book.
For more information about Weleda
Visit my article on the brand (with further links to NaTRUE and UEBT)
- Keep any meals light
- Avoid drinking alcohol (this includes for at least 12-24 hours post massage)
- Ensure you drink plenty of water.
- Aromatherapy massage will require a phone consultation beforehand so I can ensure I have your blend ready for you when you arrive.
- Try to rest and relax as much as possible – it isn’t a time to be hitting the gym!
- Keep any meals light
- Avoid drinking alcohol
- Ensure you drink plenty of water
With all treatments please allow additional time for paperwork and aftercare. You will need a little time to rest and just “be” after a massage. Please allow at least 10 minutes if you are expecting to drive afterwards. You’re not expected to bounce straight up and be out of the door and will benefit from taking a little time to rest and enjoy a warming cup of herbal tea or Blackthorn Elixir.
If more than 16 weeks pregnant with a “normal” healthy pregnancy, you may enjoy a massage or other treatment, however, please check with your GP/midwife first that this will be ok. There will be some restrictions with regards to some of the oils used and which positions are most comfortable for you.
Contra-indications and Restrictions
There are various contra-indications or restrictions that might effect you being able to have a massage or other treatment. You are required to sign a consultation form confirming that you are safe, and consent to, the treatment requested.
The following may bring restrictions to, or may prevent, your treatment. However, if your GP (or other suitable health professional) is happy for the treatment to proceed, you can either bring written permission from said professional, or write a disclaimer saying that you have spoken to the relevant professional and are happy for the treatment to proceed.
- Allergies – obviously I will need to be made aware of these in order to plan a suitable treatment for you
- Bells Palsy
- Broken Capilliaries
- Cardio-vascular conditions
- Endocrine discorders
- Gastric Ulcers
- Hairy moles
- Hormonal implants
- Hypersensitive skin
- IUD (coil)
- Localised swelling
- Loss of skin sensation
- Medical Oedema
- Nervous conditions
- Postural deformaties
- Prescribed medication – you may need to check that it is not for a condition that could be affected by the treatment
- Recent fractures
- Recent operations – i.e. within the past 2 years for a major operation, or the past 6 months for minor.
- Scar tissue
- Slipped disc
- Trapped nerve
- Undiagnosed lumps or bumps
- Varicose veins
- Or any other condition being treated by GP
I need to be made aware of the following in advance. However, if minor, treatments can still proceed if you consent for them to do so and, depending on the restriction, the area may need to be avoided.
- Hyper pigmentation
- Keloid scars
- Menstruation (first few days) – can effect/increase blood flow (be uncomfortable)
The following contra-indications will prevent me from performing a treatment:
- Any form of infectious disease, infection or fever, e.g. diarrhoea and vomiting, or infectious skin diseases and disorders.
- Under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs
Any inappropriate suggestions, or physical behaviour will result in the treatment being terminated immediately.