With all treatments please allow additional time for aftercare. You will need a little time to rest and just “be” after a treatment. You’re not expected to bounce straight up and be out of the door and will benefit from taking a little time to rest and enjoy a warming cup of herbal tea or a glass of water.
After you leave, please follow advice listed below to ensure you receive the maximum benefit from your treatment:
- Try to rest and relax as much as possible – this isn’t a time to be hitting the gym!
- Ensure you drink plenty of water to keep well hydrated.
- Keep any meals light for the next 12-24 hours to encourage your body to focus on balancing itself (rather than digesting a heavy meal!)
- Avoid drinking alcohol or smoking for at least 12-24 hours post treatment.
- Some essential oils are photo-sensitising (increase your skin’s sensitivity to the sun). If you have had a massage using these oils, please avoid sunbeds/direct sunlight to the area for 24 hours.
Most people feel relaxed and rejuvenated after a treatment, however, so people may find they feel more “emotional” than usual due to the release of tension, may need to urinate or defecate more often as the body works to eliminate any waste and may feel a little sore or aching as relaxed muscles settle. These symptoms should be short-lived. If you have any concerns, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
I look forward to working with you. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.